Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Maternity Leave Playdates!

My mom went back to San Antonio when Landri was a week old, and Jay went back to Midland when she turned two weeks old, and so being alone 24-7 w/2 kids was TERRIFYING! I went through major depression and anxiety attacks, but I prayed for inner peace and day by day it got a little better. One of the things that helped was reaching out to my sister-in-law, Ashlin, and having playdates with my nephew Bentley. It was nice to spend a few hours with another adult and not have Braden at my heels like he usually was.

The first time she came over and they played and then we took them to a park right down the road. 


Sleepin' while the big boys play :)



It was only mid-April and yet we were dripping in sweat within 30 minutes. Had to be at least 95 degrees...yuck!

Some days we would meet at Sonic so they could take advantage of the monster playground! Plus they had a shaded area where Landri and I could hang out and the boys could snack and still be right next to the playground.



Then the boys would come home and literally tear the house apart and have an all-out good time ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment