Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter!

For the first time ever, I wanted to go to a studio to get holiday portraits done of Braden. And, since Easter would be after Landri was born, I thought this was the perfect opportunity. I chose Target because it was cheap and I found some awesome coupons. Unfortunately, the nearest Target Portrait Studio was in north Dallas about 30 minutes away. We got the kids all dressed up, drove across town, and when we got there she said we didn't have an appointment. We definitely DID have an appointment (had made it online), but it didn't matter anyway because their camera was broken and their photographer wouldn't be back with a replacement until after 2pm. We were beyond bummed. She was sound asleep and Braden was being SO good and had let us put on his tie, finally. So we went to my Grandmother's to visit (which was just slightly closer to Target than our house) while waiting until it was time for us to go back up there. Plus, Grandmother got give Braden his Easter basket :)


Not a big fan of Peeps
(me neither!!!!)

After the visit, we went back to SuperTarget and had to wait forty-five minutes because there were now like 5 people ahead of us (even though WE HAD AN APPOINTMENT! But I'm not bitter...). Jay kept Braden entertained by putting him on the counter where he bugged the woman working behind the counter who should have kept our appointment in the first place :) 


Somehow, Landri stayed asleep and remained asleep even as we took pictures. It took about ten minutes of coaxing, but finally Braden agreed to hold her. The photographer did a good job (though I definitely could've done better...but that wasn't the point of this outing) and managed to give us some good photos to choose from. Here's the ones I picked:

Oh my GOSH! I adore this one of Braden (LOL)

All in all, it could have been much worse and I left there happy :)

On Easter Sunday, there were some complications and we didn't get to give Braden his Easter basket until that night. He didn't really get why he was getting it, but the basket was way cool! I put it together myself with art supplies and candy.

Approaching it Slowly, as Not to Scare it Off

Enjoying His Sixlet Candies


No comments:

Post a Comment