Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bed Rest

On February 28th, after several doctor visits the week before that visit, my blood pressure at the doctor's office was too high to allow me to continue working. 

That's right, I was placed on bed rest.

The problem with all that was that not only did I have a three-year-old at home but my husband is in Midland for 23 days of the month. My mom is living in San Antonio. My grandmother is disabled. And I live 45 minutes from Braden's daycare and all my friends.

Dr. Seligman said if I didn't take it easy, I definitely wouldn't make it through the next week without having to be hospitalized. And since I wasn't even 36 weeks yet, that thought was terrifying.

So, I took Braden 2-3 days a week to daycare to at least give me kind of a break. When he was at home, there was a lot of bonding time.

Braden Covers Me
With Tissue Paper 
As A Blanket

I Taught Him How
To Use The Mouse!

Wearing Daddy's
Hard Hat
 
And, when Jay was home, I made him do EVERYthing (lol).

And I made it past my goal of not having the baby before St. Patrick's Day! At all the non-stress tests (where I got to listen to her heartbeat for 20 minutes in time with her movements being recorded) and biophysical sonograms (where she was tested on 8 different thing), she did amazing! And just three days before she was born, she finally was turned enough so that I could so her sweet face in the sonogram!


They estimated that she would be over 20 inches long and over 8 and a half pounds. Were they right?

No comments:

Post a Comment