Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Putting up the Christmas Tree!

So, this is the first Christmas we've had since selling our house and it felt VERY weird but it was also kind of fun. And, since we don't know where we will live next Christmas (hoping to buy a house this summer or fall), our decorations looked a little...pathetic? I dunno, I'll let you be the judge. And pathetic or not, Braden ADORED having lights in the house and the front yard (but, of course, I forgot to take pictures of the outside stuff...dang!).

Our Tree
(before presents)



Our Tree
(after presents...SO much better!)

This is the last year for this tree, having just found a 7 footer that I am in LOVE with and can't wait to put up next year! Also, we had to rig this tree...kind of embarrassing when it is CROOKED!

Our Mantle and Stockings
Also, on their last leg. I wanted to wait until our family was complete before ordering nice, embroidered ones. And I found the most amazing ones that I can NOT wait to put up next year...why can't Christmas come once a month?!

And yes, once again, still no TV stand. Like I said: pathetic. LOL

Our Kitchen Ledge

Man, I wish I had taken a photo of the front of the house because Jay did a great job!

The best part of the day, though, was when Braden woke up from his nap to find the house decorated and the tree and lights plugged in. He just kept saying "Wow!" 

It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment