Monday, December 12, 2011

Meeting Santa (& the Fishies!)

So, we had planned to go to Arlington Parks Mall on my day off with Braden to do Santa pictures. It's the same place we did it when he was five months and a 17 months. But, when I saw that it would be nearly $40 and we wouldn't even get a digital copy, I began searching elsewhere. A friend of mine posted about her experience at Bass Pro Shops in Garland which sounded great, but the deciding factor was that it was only $10 AND that included a digital portrait!

Sunday morning, we got there about 15 minutes before the store opened (yes, there was already a line!) and then, once the doors were unlocked, made a bee line to Santa. We got knocked aside by a family of five with an infant. My preggo hormones had to be controlled because I almost unleashed on them, but Jay told me to take a deep breath and it worked :) Braden was AMAZING in line and even let me mess with his hair a little since we had just gotten it cut a couple of days before.

Then it came to his turn...I was so nervous because he hasn't had a good session with Santa in a couple of years -- but he blew us away!

Braden & Santa




After the visit, there was a couple of tables set up where customers could race remote control cars or just try them out for Christmas. Braden was in awe.


 

They weren't fully cooperating, though, so we moved on to the huge fish tanks. Ever since this visit, he is in love with fish!
 The Biggest Catfish I've Ever Seen!






The highlight of Braden's day was, however: The Glass Elevator! We must have ridden it at least 10 times. I have to admit, though, for an elevator, it was pretty cool. It was made of glass and elaborate wood with huge gears that you could see working as it moved. What little boy wouldn't be fascinated?!

 
Finally, we were ready to checkout with the Christmas gifts we bought and Braden and I decided to head out to check out the four-wheelers.


Uh, Mom, You Might Wanna Move
How Does He Know How To Make It Move?!?!
My Favorite One!

All in all, a very awesome morning :)



No comments:

Post a Comment