Thursday, May 24, 2012

Turning 31

That number is just plain yucky! I mean I can actually remember my own mom being that age. Am I really as old as I thought she was at the time???? Jeeeeeeez.....

lol, no offense or anything, Mom ;)

Anywho, despite the tragedy of being a year older, being broke as a joke because of my maternity leave, and having to leave my kids and go to work, I did actually have a good day!

When I got home, my husband was on his way home (he was in Mesquite with us the whole week because he had to attend an OSHA training class for work, and it took place less than 3 miles from our house! Thank God for small blessings!) and my mom was playing with the kiddos. The house smelled wonderful and I realized it was because my husband was baking me a birthday cake! We had made an agreement because I didn't want him spending money on gifts since we were broke...but I still wanted a cake!!!! 

He pushed his pride to the side and decorated it himself (lol). It turned out pretty cute, and of course he remembered my favorite flavor was strawberry!


He also watched Landri for me and my mom that night so we could have a drink at Starbucks :) This is what I saw when I came home.






No comments:

Post a Comment